Holiday Look No.1: The Fir Tree

Holiday Look No.1: The Fir Tree
Yep, that's right! My Holiday Looks series is back!! I hope to post two shoots a week where I will be incorporating both new and old items from my wardrobe with a fun holiday twist. Many of the looks will be from my favorite styles, eras, genres, etc and all will help you get through the mad holiday rush!
Holiday Look No.1: The Fir Tree
Holiday Look No.1: The Fir Tree
This first look has a few exciting things going for it: 1) my hair is brown again!!! Yay! 2) I'm wearing a vintage dress that I found for $3 at the Salvation Army in July and 3) this is my first Pickwick Ladies Book Club shoot! There's not much on our fb page yet, but soon you will see many different sartorial interpretations of our monthly chosen book. This month Jenny picked the book Fairy Tales by Hans Christian Andersen. The book compiles many classic tales into one. I decided to draw inspiration from The Fir Tree which tells the tale of an unhappy tree that always wants what he can't have and is never satisfied with the beauty and happiness in his life.
"Rejoice in thy youth," said the sunbeam; "rejoice in thy fresh growth, and the young life that is in thee." And the wind kissed the tree, and the dew watered it with tears; but the fir-tree regarded them not.
Holiday Look No.1: The Fir Tree
Holiday Look No.1: The Fir Tree
Holiday Look No.1: The Fir Tree
Holiday Look No.1: The Fir Tree
Photos by Cole. Thanks, darling!
Vintage dress and vintage belt: thrifted
Jukebox tights: c/o ModCloth
Boots: Seychelles
...
Happy Monday!?

Yours,
Maria Sig 2

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Holiday Look No.1: The Fir Tree