Chesterfield

Chesterfield
Chesterfield
Chesterfield
As you can see, I'm brunette again. Well, it was supposed to be dark blonde, but dyes always seem to turn out darker on my hair, maybe it will fade a bit. Anyways, I liked the blonde I had, but my hair was seriously damaged and breaking all the time. So I decided to dye it as close as I could to my natural color and just let it all grow out again. My hair color adventures were fun, but expensive and damaging. It seems I've come full circle.

So I took the vintage coat I thrifted this past fall and decided to give it a velvet collar. I've been wanting to attempt this little DIY since before the holidays, but never had the time. I finally sat down today and made it happen. It's not perfect and I plan on fixing some bits, but overall I'm very pleased with the results.
Chesterfield
Chesterfield
Chesterfield
Chesterfield
Photos by Cole. Thanks, darling!
Vintage coat, with velvet collar by me: thrifted
Peter pan blouse: thrifted
Skull necklace: asos
Lace dress: F21
Mulberry bag and Tights: Target
Boots: Seychelles
...
I can't believe this is my first shoot in over a week! I'm still having a rough go with my Hashimoto's and have been trying to rest as much as possible. Recently I discovered that I have a strange subset of Hashi's, which likes to cause more havoc then normal, called Hashitoxicosis. It's very frustrating and harder to treat. My doctor said the only thing I can do for now is stop my meds, since they seem to be causing the bad flareups. He said there was pretty much nothing he can do for me. I seriously can't wait to move and have better health insurance and more money for alternative treatments. Cole found a really great Traditional Chinese Medicine clinic in the Twin Cities that has a few practitioners that specialize in thyroid problems and autoimmune diseases. So at least there's that to look forward to in a few months.

Yours,
Maria Sig 2

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Chesterfield