Prep This Way

Most of you know I have a preppy heart beating beneath my strange exterior. It doesn't always manifest itself, but I like to think it's always there thumping away. While I like to play around with loads of different styles, the one I identify with the most is the classic preppy look from the 60's, 70's and 80's. Thankfully, over the last few years others are catching on to this phenomenon and making shopping for my desired looks that much easier...EmersonMade
I am forever grateful to my lovely reader Emma of Olive Bea, for introducing me to the wonderful husband and wife run shop, EmersonMade. Cole and I plan on starting our own label/shop, so the adorable Emerson and her husband Ryan are a great inspiration. Plus, how amazing are these vintage-inspired, high-waisted, wide-leg jeans!? Although pricey, they're just what I'm looking for. Commence saving pennies now.
J. Press for Urban Outfitters
Dressing Ivy League men since 1902, J. Press has been the standard for preppy men's attire. Colaborating with Urban Outfitters is an interesting twist but I love how the designs lean more towards the Take Ivy look from the sixties. Now if only they made women's clothes, I could die a happy girl.
Rugby Ralph Lauren
Ah, Ralph Lauren. What is there to say that hasn't been said before. Starting his career as a Brooks Brothers tie salesmen, RL took that early experience and made an empire. When Rugby was launched in 2004 it tapped into a younger less noticed segment of the preppy market. While some of the styles skew too far from the classic look I love, they still hit the nail on the head with their vintage revivals.
...
TGIF! Wishing you all a carefree weekend of pleasure!

Yours,
Maria Sig 2

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Prep This Way