Yay, I Love No-occasion Presents! (AND BUNNIES!)

Okay, so I came back from a weekend visit from my aunt's and you'll never guess what she gave me! Give up? She gave me a vintage camera! GAHHHHH super excited! It's a YASHICA minister D, which after doing a bit of research, is a pretty decent camera--all manual, beginner friendly, produces quality film pics and it was one of the first of its kind (at least 40-30 years ago!)

My aunt even gave me some extra film (colour and B&W), working attachable flash, and the accompanying case. It's the whole package, daaaaayum! I just bought the battery, and tried it out earlier, but I honestly can't even tell if it worked...Guess I'll have to wait for the film to develelop :(

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
My aunt's name is Virginia, and this nickname sticker is so rad, I don't want to take it off :)

................................................................

Now, about the bunnies...It was a totally spontaneous decision, but...guess who's family is adopting a rabbit from the city's humane society?! MINE!!! It started out as an innocent suggestion as a year end kind of present for my sister, and escalated to actually adopting one form the humane society! At first K just wanted to go buy one from the pet store, but, me being a humanitarian and all (har har), suggested we go save a poor animal from the local HS. So I searched up some rabbits at their website and found the cutest rabbit ever! Her name is Coco-Dora and she is an adult (a year old) dwarf rabbit. We visited her today at the HS, and my mom already signed all the paperwork, and payed the down payment for the adoption fee. She's getting spayed today and we're picking her up on Friday.

Yet....I'm a bit fidgety about this whole getting-a-pet-all-of-the-sudden thing. Like seriously. I'm not even kidding,--I'm kind of worried about the rabbit's well being because well, I'm not sure if our family is ready yet. Not to mention my parents are uber cheap, and think think that a teeny gerbil cage will suffice. Example, I showed my dad the recommended rabbit cage (a nice spacey one, and the package comes with food bowl, starter food, water feeder and wood shavings) for about $100 and he thinks its too pricey. Well. It's pricey, sure...but, HELLO! It's damn huge, comes with friggin' starter supplies and it'll be the bunny's permanent home!!! SERIOUSLY. Oh, my parents also think it's acceptable to take one's pet bunny out into the yard without any sort of real fencing AND plan on picking up Coco in a freaking cardboard box (!)

Photobucket
God. Save. Coco-Dora.

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Yay, I Love No-occasion Presents! (AND BUNNIES!)