Spring Essentials

a
j.crew cashmere sweater, st. james striped shirt, marias chelsea boot, cambridge satchel

Hi y'all!  It's Jennifer from Sally Jane Vintage here, filling in for Maria while she and Cole make their big move.  I can totally relate to just how stressful and busy a big move makes you after moving from Alabama to California and then from Cali to Pennsylvania.  I wish them all the luck!  I was more than happy to help out while Maria is away since she so generously pitched in for my blog when I was visiting family in 'Bama back in November.

I had in mind to do some sort of spring inspired post since we had such a miserable winter here in PA. This spring I've really been into simplifying things and building up some great basics that will last for years and years.  My newest and most exciting acquisitions are a pair of Rachel Comey boots that I haven't stopped wearing since I got them and a Steven Alan chambray shirt.  Maria is always a great inspiration when it comes to wearing classic styles.  I always love the way she combines super classy pieces with modern ones for a really nice balance. 

I've come up with a list for myself of timeless classics that I would like to have included in my closet.  Among the list are a pair of simple Chelsea boots, the perfect pair of dark skinny jeans (harder to find than I thought), black flats that will last more than a few months (I tend to go through the cheap ones pretty quickly), a straw hat that doesn't make me look Amish, a St. James striped top and lots of cashmere sweaters.  Conspicuously missing from this list is a dress, but I have so many vintage ones, I think I'm good there.  I feel like all of the items on this list could be combined in an endless variety of ways which is very appealing when one is trying to simplify their closet.What are your wardrobe essentials that you couldn't do without?

b
Steven Alan shirt & straw hat, Topshop jeans & skirt, market tote, Repetto flats

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Spring Essentials