PERSPECTIVE

After spending quite some time this afternoon discussing fashion and the blogging world rather extensively with three pleasant strangers, I think I've completely exhausted the fashion part of my brain today. So I've decided to show you some of my personal art instead...
I did this piece for an Art class last semester. We were instructed to create a surrealist, Salvatore Dali-inspired collage. It can be a bit tricky to control the outcome of a collage especially if it's made entirely of random magazine bits, so I'm quite lucky I was able to find nearly everything I had been looking for (coordinating pink outfits, a variety of animals, a giant moon) plus some fun bonuses (the earth, an eclipse, the baby, the steak). Even though it's not exactly as I pictured it in my mind's eye, I am very pleased with the way it turned out.
Regarding its "message"...I'm not going to tell you what any of this means! Where is the fun in dictating the meaning of one's art? I would, however, love to hear what your thoughts are on my piece. What's your perspective?
"Perspective"
Collage by Raezavel Argulla
Art Class // Jan 2011
Paper, glue, matte finish mod podge on cardstock.

0 comments:

Post a comment on: PERSPECTIVE