No one sleeps when I'm awake

No one sleeps when I'm awake
No one sleeps when I'm awake
Cole and I are spending the week in Royal Oak dog sitting for my parents. I feel like I say that a lot on here. But soon we'll be moving to MN and won't be able to dog sit anymore. I'm starting to get that strange melancholy feeling I always get before a big move. A big part of me will always consider Michigan home and no matter how many times I move away and live in other states I will always miss it and all that it means- family, food, lakes, cottages...childhood. The only other place Cole and I have lived a significant amount of time was the almost six years we spent in Massachusetts- Boston (1.75 years) and Marblehead (4 years). I still miss Marblehead a lot, but not for the same sentimental reasons as Michigan. Marblehead was so breathtakingly beautiful and historical and I could walk the dogs to the harbor every day and stare at the ocean, but it never felt like home. It was cold, distant and unfriendly and we never set down roots. I'm ready to find a new place to call home and hope that the Twin Cities will be that place for us to grow. I hope it will be friendly and welcoming. I hope we meet lots of lovely people and become a part of the community. I hope it's a place we can finally start a family.
No one sleeps when I'm awake
No one sleeps when I'm awake
No one sleeps when I'm awake
No one sleeps when I'm awake
No one sleeps when I'm awake
Photos by Cole. Thanks, darling!
Dahlia sailor dress: asos
Tights: target
Vintage loafers: Coldfish Vintage, Etsy
...
Yours,
Maria Sig 2

0 comments:

Post a comment on: No one sleeps when I'm awake