BACKINBLACK

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I've gotta be honest here. Even though I'm all up for secret santas and watching the holiday specials on TV and spreading the holiday cheer, I actually hate Christmas. It's a personal thing, really...

I mean, the whole point of the holidays is to spend time with your family and bond, right? Well, since I'm not too fond of mine, I could really do without the insane amount of time I'm forced to spend with them. And what about Christmas? For a holiday supposed to represent the birth of Christ, it sure is all about the presents. And you know what, even though I'm not much of a believer (I've given up on religion. It's complicated.) I still find it ridiculous that I'm pressed to buy presents for my family who really shouldn't be materialistic if they're so goddamn religious. Talk about hypocrite!

Despite this, I still like to wish others 'merry Christmas' and 'happy holidays'. Hypocritical on my part? I think not! Just because I personally don't like spending more than 12 hours with my family at any given moment or being force-fed turkey through my nostrils, it doesn't mean I'm going to spread my 'bad attitude' and be a total SCROOGE. Seriously, if I greeted you a 'merry Christmas' and 'happy holidays' I really meant it...Why not have a good time with your fam if you ACTUALLY enjoy their company? DO IT UP, I says.

Anyways, rant over. I hope that didn't bum you out too much! I thought I'd tell you all this before I told you what a rather dull/crap/lame Christmas I had, haha. Thank you for all the sweet wishes though:) They made me try A LOT harder to make it a merry one!


Wearing the sweetest vintage fringe suede jacket ever (thrifted!) with a stretch velvet tank thong (also a gift from american apparel) and vintage levi's shorts and boots. Fishnets and knee socks from Ardenes.

0 comments:

Post a comment on: BACKINBLACK