Sailorette

Wayward Daughter
Wayward Daughter
Hello! I'm Cait from Wayward Daughter, I'm delighted to be guest posting for Maria while she and Cole settle into their new home. I was smitten with Lulu Letty from the very first time I visited. I love Maria's playful style and the way she so often incorporates two of my favourite things into her outfits - collars and uniform. With this in mind, I decided to share this sailor inspired outfit with you.

Wayward DaughterWayward Daughter
Boater Hat - Vintage, Blouse & Skirt - Wayward Daughter, Bow Pin - Vintage, Loafers - New Look.

Wayward DaughterWayward Daughter
Both the skirt and blouse are pieces from my debut collection, also named Wayward Daughter. While I was designing them I was completely obsessed with Edwardian children's clothing by way of the 60's, especially the costumes in The Railway Children. The shape of the skirt was inspired by crisp linen pinafores and the blouse by nautical styles of the period. In keeping with my favoured periods, I paired it with a boater hat, an Edwardian favourite and 60's style loafers. The light chambray fabric was perfect for a stroll in the Spring sunshine, though maybe not so great for climbing on a fallen tree but it managed to escape unscathed.

Wayward DaughterThank you for having me, Maria!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Sailorette